While you’re the expert in your own experience, sometimes it can be critical to get an outside perspective to help push through a problem you’re dealing with. That’s where #AskaLocalizer can be helpful: Think of it like getting advice from a work friend over coffee, from someone who is great at giving you similar but different situations to help you think through your problem in a new way and suggestions to help you figure out a game plan. #AskaLocalizer is a column founded by Professor Alaina Brandt through which practitioners can submit issues to localizers and localization management experts and colleagues in the format of U.S. advice columns like Dear Abby or Miss Manners. As you go through your career in the localization industry, you’re welcome to raise issues that are proving difficult to overcome for advice.
- #AskaLocalizer 1: Undervalued LPM
- #AskaLocalizer 2: Addressing Bias in Hiring
- #AskaLocalizer 3: How To Educate My Stakeholders?
- #AskaLocalizer 4: Communicating with your linguists
- #AskaLocalizer 5: Sparking the Job Hunt
- #AskaLocalizer 6: Understanding Vendor and Client Finances in Localization
- #AskaLocalizer 7: Bringing About Change as a Localizer
- #AskaLocalizer 8: Build Your Personal Brand and Discover Your Clients